What You Allow
By accessing this site you imply the full acceptance of the general conditions set below.
You may not use this website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
We, In Turn
Muzzy Learning UK Ltd and its affiliates do not accept any liability arising from the use, lawful or unlawful, of this site and its content. Furthermore, and within the limits of the applicable laws, we do not extend any guarantee as to the veracity, integrity or accuracy of the content provided in this site. While we take all reasonable care of this site, our servers, the associated content, functionality and infrastructure, we cannot guarantee that they will be uninterrupted, free of errors, bugs or malware.
The laws of England and Wales shall govern your use of the site and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Notwithstanding the public domain or free usage licences that may cover some elements of this site, all other art, source code, images, video, sound and text belong to Muzzy Learning UK Ltd, or are used under licence from their respective owners. For the materials of this site so covered or owned Muzzy Learning UK Ltd does not grant explicit or implicit right of transmission, duplication, modification, distribution, storage or public performance, in all or in part.
This site allows registered users passage to certain areas of content that are for their exclusive use and enjoyment and requires a valid set of credential for access. It is unlawful to attempt to access or access these areas with stolen, forged or invalid credentials and doing so will be considered a breach of Copyright and prosecuted to the full extent of applicable law.
Our Commitment to Privacy
Muzzy Learning UK is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data. We want to be completely transparent regarding the data we collect and what we do with it.
- We will also use the data to try to get to know you better and send you relevant offers.
- If you tell us that you want to stop receiving marketing communications, we will stop. We will, of course, continue sending you important information regarding the products and services that you have purchased.
- We will send you relevant information regarding the products and services that you have purchased.
- We will adopt the necessary measures to protect your information and keep it safe.
- We will respect your data protection rights and we will endeavour to give you full control of your own information.
If you have any questions please write a letter to:
Data Protection Officer Muzzy Learning UK Ltd. 71-75 Shelton St. London WC2H 9JQ UK
Personal Data Controller
If you purchased other services via the Muzzy Learning UK website, the terms and conditions of the service will apply and you must accept them during the purchase process.
What does personal data mean?
Personal data means all data that identifies you or that could be used to identify you, such as your name, contact details and purchase history. It may also include information on how you use our website and mobile apps.
When does this policy apply?
This policy applies to all the personal data we collect, use and process as part of your relationship with us as a customer or potential customer, including when you use some of our other services, when you browse our website, when you contact one of our distributors or customer services representatives, and when you purchase our services via third parties.
In the Personal Data Controller and Who do we share your personal data with? sections, we mention that others are data controllers. You must check their privacy policies for further information.
If you decide to purchase additional services with us or services provided by Muzzy Learning UK via third parties, other additional terms and conditions may apply as well as this policy.
How can you protect your personal data?
We go to great lengths to protect the personal data that you provide.
Here are a few measures you can take to keep your data safe.
- Never share your user name or email.
- When you book our services, you get might get a user name. This reference will appear in the confirmation email. Always keep your user name and password confidential. If you share it with third parties, they will be able to access your information and products you purchased through our system.
- Don’t share your MuzzyClub personal area login details.
- In order to keep your private area on our website and mobile apps private, don’t share your username and password with anyone.
- When you finish using our website, online services or mobile apps, log out if anyone has access to your computer or device. This is especially important if you are using a public computer.
- Be careful and take precautions against online fraud and phishing. Phishing is an online practice that involves illegally obtaining personal data by means of fake messages. Unsolicited emails are sent to people included in lists obtained illegally by third parties, and the recipients are asked to enter or confirm bank details or passwords on a cloned or fake website.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data every time you use our services (whether they are supplied by us or by other companies or agents acting on our behalf), including when you browse our website or when you interact with us electronically or with our Customer Services representatives. For more information, please see What type of personal data do we collect and store? below.
We can also collect your personal data from third parties, such as:
- Companies we have hired to provide a service.
- Companies that take part in our loyalty programmes and other customer programmes.
- Companies that give us data under privacy policies which provide for information to be shared with Muzzy Learning UK.
What type of personal data do we collect and store?
When you use our services, you’ll have to give us your personal data.
We collect the following personal data:
Data that you give Muzzy Learning UK to complete and manage a service you have requested.
At this time we only collect and store your username which is often your email address but can be any other unique identifier you or one of our distributors or sellers provided us. We do not store, not know your date of birth, gender, passport number or national ID card, account details or payment information.
We will know if you book services via muzzyclub.com or if you use any other sales channels, such as distributors or customer services representatives.
Data collected while using our services.
We may collect additional and limited information about you when you interact with staff or customer services representatives.
Data on your online registration and other interactions.
We will store your data to ensure we interact properly with you if you already registered with us, either through our Muzzy Learning UK Club or another loyalty or customer programme.
We will store your data if you take part in a competition or promotion or have interacted with us on social media like Facebook and Twitter.
Data on how you use our website, mobile apps and Customer Services.
We will use the data on the use of our website stored in the cookies to understand you as a customer and so better tailor our products and services to your needs.
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process all the issues relating to our services and provide the requested services.
- To send you status updates and service or operational communications regarding the purchased service.
- To ensure your safety and to comply with certain legal requirements that apply to Muzzy Learning UK as a service provider.
To provide more personalised services that adapt to your needs.
If you are a member of MuzzyClub, we can personalise your experience when use our services. For example, we may welcome you with your name.
We may update and share data that is not personal with our distributors, to advertise partners and third-party services that are tailor-made and of interest to you, on our websites or apps.
To analyse data and conduct market studies.
We will analyse the way in which customers use our sales channels, products and services, in order to better know how to improve the service we offer and encourage customers to use our entire range of products and services.
To carry out marketing activities and keep you informed on Muzzy Learning UK’s products and services.
We may send you information on our products and services by email.
We may adapt the content of our websites, apps, emails and other communications to ensure that they are of interest to you as much as possible, including offers and/or services.
To understand your usage preferences and offer you information on offers and the like.
We may combine anonymous data from client-provider relationships with third parties (e.g. Google or Facebook) so that both companies can get to know more about user behaviour like other visited websites.
To send you up-to-date information and communications.
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing information, we may continue to send you communications on the services you purchased. These communications will help you to get details on the purchased services and may include options and other additional services that you may use.
We may also send you communications on services that you have used, like if you have had a problem and we want to contact you proactively in order to solve it.
To improve our website, products and services.
We may monitor how you and other customers use our website, so that we can identify ways of improving your browsing experience.
To process and manage the service.
We may use and store your personal data, including your purchase history, for administrative purposes, which will include, for example, accountancy and billing tasks, auditing, fraud control and system testing, maintenance and development.
When will we send you marketing communications?
When we collect data directly from you we may ask you whether you wish to receive our marketing communications or join MuzzyClub. In this sense, bear in mind that these marketing communications may be about our products and services that may be of interest to you, and sometimes they may promote products and services of other members of our group or of a third party (our business partners, for example).
We will respect your decision regarding which communications you wish to receive and the way you want to receive them.
How can I change the type of marketing communications I receive and the way I receive them?
If you decide you no longer want to receive marketing communications, you can change your mind at any time. This is what you should do if you want to stop receiving marketing communications:
If you are a member of Muzzy Club you can change your privacy preferences at any time by changing your online profile settings with our distributor or writing to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, all the marketing communications you receive by email will include an “unsubscribe” option so you can opt out at any time. We try to process subscription cancellation requests within 30 working days, so you may continue to receive messages before we actually finish processing your request.
Bear in mind that even if you inform us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, you will still continue to receive communications (like the ones described above) regarding products and services that you have purchased or send you an update on its status. If you are a member of MuzzyClub, we will carry on sending you information about issues that affect your membership and the club’s services. If you ask us to stop sending you marketing communications, please bear in mind that we will keep your personal data in order to state that you do not want to receive marketing communications.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Muzzy Learning UK will only process your personal data when there is a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on Muzzy Learning UK’s reason or reasons for collecting and using your data. According to EU and local data protection laws, in almost all cases the legal basis will be the following:
- Because we have to use your data to process your purchases.
- Because your personal information when used to conduct and improve our business is one of Muzzy Learning UK’s legitimate interests.
- Because Muzzy Learning UK needs to use your personal data to fulfil a legal obligation.
- Because you have given your consent to Muzzy Learning UK using your personal data for a specific purpose.
If the processing of your data is protected by any other law, the legal basis for this processing could be different to the list above, and in those circumstances the basis would be your consent in all cases.
How long do we store personal data for?
We store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is being processed. For example, when you purchase a service or product with us or through one of our distributors or sellers, we will store the information for that purchase in order to process your request, and beyond that, for as long as needed in order to manage or respond to any claims or questions about the purchase.
We may also store this information to continue improving your experience with Muzzy Learning UK and ensuring that you receive all the benefits of our products and services.
We will actively check the data that we hold and delete it securely after the applicable prescription period in each case. In some cases, we will anonymise the data when there is no legal need to keep it, or any other need relating to the business or the customer.
Muzzy Learning UK has a legitimate business interest in processing personal data we collect to provide an effective service and conduct our business.
Fulfilling legal obligations
There are situations in which Muzzy Learning UK will be subject to certain legal obligations and will need to use your personal data to fulfil said obligations, like when the data we hold about you is properly required by the authorities.
Alternatively, we may collect and process your personal data when you have specifically given your consent.
We may ask you to inform us of additional aspects regarding your profile when you use our app, data that we may connect with your profile or analyse in order to personalise the way we interact with you.
If the basis for processing your personal data is your consent, you may revoke it at any time by changing your online profile settings with our distributor or writing to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with the other companies in the group, which includes BBC, DMP Organization. We share information with these companies so that they can help us to provide services and get to know you better.
You will only receive marketing emails from other companies in the group when you have given your consent to those companies.
We may also give your personal data to the following third parties, for the purposes described below:
- Other service providers that are necessary for the provision of services booked by you.
- If you are a member of Muzzy Club or of another partner programme, we will share information with our partners so that we can manage the programme benefits to which you are entitled.
- In response to legal requirements by the government and police, such as tax authorities.
- External service suppliers that we hire to provide services like carrying out marketing initiatives or conducting surveys with customers on our behalf.
- Third parties like lawyer firms and courts, to demand compliance or the application of a contract with you.
- Third parties, like the police and regulatory authorities, to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our customers, employees and assets.
- When necessary in order to fulfil a legal obligation in any jurisdiction.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties and we only allow third parties to send you marketing communications if you have given your consent.
Which countries will your personal data be sent to?
Your personal data may be sent to third parties situated outside the country you live in, and outside the European Economic Area in some cases.
Due to the nature of our business, we may have to send your personal data outside the European Economic Area in order to manage our services. This happens because our business and the third parties identified in the section Who do we share your personal data with? operate in countries around the world. For example, when you use our services outside the European Economic Area, your personal data may be transferred authorities situated outside this area.
We may also transfer your personal data to third parties situated outside the country you live in, in order to provide services connected with the products and services that you may have requested.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In accordance with European data protection regulations and local data protection regulations, you have the following rights.
You can request a copy of all your personal data that Muzzy Learning UK has stored. There is no charge for this request, if done twice a year. We may charge a reasonable fee after that.
If you are a member of Muzzy Club, you’ll be able to access your personal data through your personal account via your local distributor.
You can rectify your personal data if it is not accurate.
If you are a member of Muzzy Club, you’ll be able to rectify or edit your personal data through your personal account via your local distributor.
You can ask for your personal data to be erased.
You can object to the processing of your data.
You can ask to restrict processing in the following cases:
- Whilst checking the accuracy of your data after being challenged.
- When the processing is illicit and you object to your data being erased.
- When Muzzy Learning UK no longer needs to process your data, but you need it to carry out or defend claims.
- When you object to the processing of your data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or to fulfil a legitimate interest, whilst it is being determined whether the legitimate reasons for the processing prevail over yours.
You can download an electronic file with all the personal data you have given us by referring to your local distributor and choose other data that has been obtained as a result of your contractual relationship with Muzzy Learning UK and share them with another company.
Different local distributors have different requirements in order to proper identify you before agreeing to the release of your data. This is to protect you from third parties trying to fraudulent access your information. Please contact them directly.
In the unusual event that you may suffer undue delays in processing your request, please send it to:
Data Protection Officer Muzzy Learning UK Ltd. 71-75 Shelton St. London WC2H 9JQ UK
And we will endeavour to help you with it.
You can contact the Data Protection Officer by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember that if you consider that you have not been able to exercise your rights properly, you may contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or file a claim with the corresponding Data Protection Body.